Each box will contain 8 to 10 Nova Scotia grown items. Root vegetables figure prominently in the boxes. There may be some fruit, however contents vary depending on the farm partner and availability. This may also impact the weight of the box, for example if you have a bunch of fresh herbs rather than turnip it will not be as heavy. Usually the boxes are between 20 and 25 pounds in weight.
Here are some sample photos from previous Nourish Your Roots campaigns.
by purchasing a nourish your roots box, you:
- increase awareness of healthy, local food choices for children, families and the community.
- support local NS farmers and a school/childcare centre in your community.
- help a child in your community raise money through a local, healthy and sustainable option.
- provide an opportunity for you and your family to eat quality, delicious and healthy food fresh from the farm.
- are part of a truly healthy fundraiser that is in line with the Nova Scotia School Food and Nutrition policy and the Standards for Food and Nutrition in Regulated Child Care Settings.