The Nourish Nova Scotia Food & Film Challenge 2018
Devour! The Food Film Fest and Nourish Nova Scotia invite children and youth of all ages to make a short film about food. Watch our CBC promo here. The best will be screened at Devour! Food Film Fest in Wolfville this October and on CBC! The winner will receive
- a $500 prize to support a healthy eating program in your school/community from Nourish Nova Scotia
- a $500 GoPro kit from CBC, so you can continue to shoot great film after the contest
2018 Theme: Youth can impact change in food
We need you to show us how food influences your health, community or environment. What would you like to change in your food world?
Capture your story in a short film, three minutes or less, and submit as per the details below.
Not a film maker? Don’t worry. We’ve got tips and tricks to help you get started!
• Open to all school-aged children and youth in the province of Nova Scotia. You can enter as an individual, family, or school or community group.
• Films should be a maximum of three minutes in length. Deadline for submissions is Friday, October 12, 2018.
• Films can be submitted as MOV or MP4 (MPEG4 or H.264) files via email to email@example.com.
• Finalists will be invited to introduce their film at a screening between October 24-28th at the Al Whittle Theatre in Wolfville, NS.
• Films cannot contain course language, violence, nudity or sexual content.
• Release & License: Entrants retain copyright but must release to Devour! The Food Film Fest and Nourish Nova Scotia the right to use the enclosed film or any portion thereof for broadcast, cablecast, webcast, duplication and distribution, commercially and non-commercially. Entrants must abide by all rules and regulations of the competition. They must also guarantee that all performing rights, including talent and music, are free and clear for use.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org