The Nourish Nova Scotia Food & Film Challenge 2017
Devour! The Food Film Fest and Nourish Nova Scotia invite children and youth of all ages to make a short film about food. The best will be screened at Devour! Food Film Fest this coming October and a $500 prize will be awarded to the overall winner to support a healthy eating program or initiative in your school/community.
Back by popular demand, the theme is Food Literacy
...Having the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to choose, grow, prepare and enjoy food to support one’s health, community and the environment.
What is going on in your home, school or community around food? Tell us your food story using film and video.
Maybe the story is about a celebratory meal, at home, at school or in your community.
Do you attend a breakfast program? Tell us about it.
How about amazing program volunteers that impact your life?
What about gardens?
Tell us about what’s growing in your school-yard or your own back-yard.
What you’re doing with the food you’re growing?
Do you have a story about food security or food waste you’d like to explore?
Are you cooking up something delicious, at school, at home, in the community?
Who are the food champions in your life and why?
Maybe the story is a recipe, start to finish.
What comes to mind when you think about food literacy?
These are a few ideas... It is your story to tell.
Capture your story in a short film, three minutes or less and submit as per the details below.
Not a film maker? Don’t worry. We’ve got tips and tricks to help you get started!
New this year - summer workshops
Click here to see our piece from the June Devour Food Film Fest newsletter and learn how to take advantage of our summer workshops - designed to inspire and help create your own film for the Nourish Food and Film Challenge. Workshops are being offered to groups and can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com.
• Open to all school-aged children and youth in the province of Nova Scotia. You can enter as an individual, family, or school or community group.
• Films should be a maximum of three minutes in length. Deadline for submissions is September 29, 2017. A jury will review all films and finalists will be notified by October 6, 2017.
• Films can be submitted as MOV or MP4 (MPEG4 or H.264) files via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Finalists will be invited to introduce their film at a screening between October 25-29th at the Al Whittle Theatre in Wolfville, NS.
• Films cannot contain course language, violence, nudity or sexual content.
• Release & License: Entrants retain copyright but must release to Devour! The Food Film Fest and Nourish Nova Scotia the right to use the enclosed film or any portion thereof for broadcast, cablecast, webcast, duplication and distribution, commercially and non-commercially. Entrants must abide by all rules and regulations of the competition. They must also guarantee that all performing rights, including talent and music, are free and clear for use.
For more information, contact email@example.com