The Nourish Nova Scotia Food & Film Challenge 2017
Devour! The Food Film Fest and Nourish Nova Scotia invite children and youth of all ages to make a short film about food. Watch our CBC promo here. The best will be screened at Devour! Food Film Fest in Wolfville this October and on CBC! The winner will receive
- a $500 prize to support a healthy eating program in your school/community from Nourish Nova Scotia
a $500 GoPro kit from CBC, so you can continue to shoot great film after the contest, including
- GoPro HERO5 Session
- Lexar High-Performance microSDHC 633x 32GB UHS-I Card w/SD Adapter
- BAXIA TECHNOLOGY 44-in-1 Accessories Bundle Kit for GoPro HERO 5 Session
Back by popular demand, the theme is Food Literacy
...Having the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to choose, grow, prepare and enjoy food to support one’s health, community and the environment.
What is going on in your home, school or community around food? Tell us your food story using film and video.
Maybe the story is about a celebratory meal, at home, at school or in your community.
Do you attend a breakfast program? Tell us about it.
How about amazing program volunteers that impact your life?
What about gardens?
Tell us about what’s growing in your school-yard or your own back-yard.
What you’re doing with the food you’re growing?
Do you have a story about food security or food waste you’d like to explore?
Are you cooking up something delicious, at school, at home, in the community?
Who are the food champions in your life and why?
Maybe the story is a recipe, start to finish.
What comes to mind when you think about food literacy?
These are a few ideas... It is your story to tell.
Capture your story in a short film, three minutes or less and submit as per the details below.
Not a film maker? Don’t worry. We’ve got tips and tricks to help you get started!
• Open to all school-aged children and youth in the province of Nova Scotia. You can enter as an individual, family, or school or community group.
• Films should be a maximum of three minutes in length. Deadline for submissions has been extended to Friday, October 13, 2017. A jury will review all films and finalists will be notified by October 20, 2017.
• Films can be submitted as MOV or MP4 (MPEG4 or H.264) files via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Finalists will be invited to introduce their film at a screening between October 25-29th at the Al Whittle Theatre in Wolfville, NS.
• Films cannot contain course language, violence, nudity or sexual content.
• Release & License: Entrants retain copyright but must release to Devour! The Food Film Fest and Nourish Nova Scotia the right to use the enclosed film or any portion thereof for broadcast, cablecast, webcast, duplication and distribution, commercially and non-commercially. Entrants must abide by all rules and regulations of the competition. They must also guarantee that all performing rights, including talent and music, are free and clear for use.
For more information, contact email@example.com