Make Your Lunch Matter
A simple lunch to help kids across Nova Scotia
Good Eating = Good Thinking. Healthy school food programs ensure that kids are well-nourished and better prepared for the classroom and in life.
Make Lunch. Donate. Pass it on!
1- Pack yourself a healthy homemade lunch. Take a photo or video of you making - or enjoying - your lunch.
2- Make a donation to Nourish to support healthy school food programs for Nova Scotia's children and youth. Donate your lunch money.
3- Share your picture or video on social media using #NourishBrownBag and tag a friend (or two) to take the challenge too. Tell us why you took the challenge: Who nominated you? Who are you nominating? Did you donate monthly? What Nourish programs are most important to you? How does the work of Nourish inspire you?
Need some inspiration?
- Make Your Lunch Matter Poster with the three simple steps to the #NourishBrownBag Challenge
- Nourish volunteer, makes a healthy lunch for her colleages at National PR - see the story here
- Master Merchant Systems #NourishBrownBag Challenge video https://youtu.be/JRD1RUQ7i2Y
- Search #NourishBrownBag on Facebook or Twitter
Fill your #NourishBrownBag with your own healthy favourites or try something new!
- There is nothing more portable than fruit & apple season is here!!
- Whole grains for wraps & sandwiches: tuna, egg, turkey, chicken-sliced or diced, salmon
- Sushi, satays, skewers
- Quinoa and brown rice for salads and sides
- Fresh vegetables with hummus and dips
- For hydration, bottled water is a great choice
- Try one of our great recipes!
Think outside the bag!
- Get creative with your #NourishBrownBag - add some art, quotes or stickers.
- Have a potuck with friends or colleages.
- Make a new recipe to share - post it along with your photo/video.
- Have a #NourishBrownBag day at your office and challenge another office/company to take the challenge too.